Ahhh… Gili Gulu Japanese Restaurant, located near Aji Ajo Malaysian Cuisine Restaurant (which is our next target), boasts an offer of an complete set of Sushi Buffet for just 13 pounds. They were smart: they have applied some rules so that people could not take advantage of the buffet by eating just the valuable food. Not only that, unlike Malaysian style buffet, these were all Sushi (as in, not Sashimi) which means that it comes with rice, and noodles too. (This means that their target is to make us feel full eating less). No cawanmushi, no other misc. Jap food. No nothing. Thus, the five of us (me, Hing, Goldman and his 2 other friends, Wing and Queenie) journey into the world of money-making, greedy fools.
That would have tricked/stopped/deter us from making them lose money, but unfortunately for them, we have :-
1. Only 1 girl ( though I must mention, she can eat a lot more than she looks!) among 4 guys,
2. 4 among them who have experience getting the best out of a buffet in London,
3. 5 of which have an appetite of a huge-sized boar,
4. 1 which is able to consume a certain sweet and salty sea-weed dish that tastes like piss,
5. 1 which is able to consume 5 bowls of Cold Soba Noodles ( though he only ate 2 ), and finally,
6. 1 of which has a stomach capacity of 200% ( he ate up to 160% )
These were the rules for the buffet ::-
1. Penalty, for every uneaten food: 1 pound per sushi rice, 2.50 per bowl of noodles. (effectively avoiding food wastage)
2. Time limit: We reserve the right to reserve the table after 70 minutes from your arrival. (As opposed to unlimited hours elsewhere)
Hence, we planned to disrupt their business for all of their unfairness 😉
How? By :::-
1. Finishing 108 plates of assorted sushi (mainly salmon, squid, eel and…. beans?)
2. Finishing 1 very hard to eat, very horrible tasting, very disgusting looking sweet and salty seaweed!!
3. Finishing 4 bowls of noodles
Assuming one plate of sushi cost 2 pounds (minimum) and a bowl of noodle cost 3.50 pounds, we have :-
2.00 * 109 + 3.50 * 4 = 232 GBP !!
And we spend 13 pounds each, which after drinks charge and gratitude(!?!??!?) tax,
we paid a total of 75.67 GBP
Thus we conclude our chapter leaving Gili Gulu earning a large sum of -156.33 GBP and us, well, we went back home with a heavy stomache, satisfied feelings and looking forward to another “revenge” session with Gili Gulu, this time with target of 125 sushi dishes and more than 5 bowls of noodles, right, guys? 😀
Partner’s in Crime