First of all, the question begs: Have you even heard of the Iclif Leadership Energy Awards? What about Iclif as an organisation itself? Chances are, your answer is a resounding NO.
Now that’s a huge shame, because if you really knew what Iclif is really about, and by virtue, the ILEA, and with that, the annual Leadership Energy Summit Asia, you’d be surprise in the kind of abilities Asia has to offer to the world.
Take for example, this year, the 5th annual Leadership Energy Summit Asia (www.iclif.org/lesa)held at Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur on 8 – 9 November hosted by the Iclif Leadership and Governance Centre, invites top industry specialists, subject matter experts and game changers to help today’s leaders face the challenges of the increasingly fast-paced and uber-connected 21st Century. Who are we talking about exactly? Check this out:
- Dr Alvy Ray Smith – Co-founder of Pixar
- Ben Ripple – Founder of Big Tree Farms
- Chatri Sityodtong – Founder and Chairman of ONE Championship
- Claire Lachance – CEO of Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS)
- Rajeev Peshawaria, CEO & Executive Director of Iclif, and author of Open Source Leadership (McGraw-Hill)
- Terry Jones – Founder of kayak.com
- V R Ferose – Heal of Globalization Services at SAP
Prior to that, their previous speakers were some of these world-renown folks:
Impressed yet? YES! They are but just some of the largest names in the world, and what’s common between all of them is that they have clarity on their values and purpose, thus creating what we call Leadership Energy that spreads to others around them!
This year’s topic is on “Open Source Leadership”; how leaders must reinvent themselves to thrive in a connected, transparent and disruptive environment; and how technological empowerment has transformed companies into open-source organisations. If that’s something you’re interested in, head here to register!
So that’s LESA. ILEA, the Iclif Leadership Energy Awards, functions as a highlight of individuals who share similar leadership energy to those featured in LESA – and its purpose is to recognize and reward the recipients of the awards in such a way that will promote further motivation for themselves to continue their amazing journey, and have a spillover effect on those who are inspired by them!
This year is its 3rd installment, and has seen amazing past recipients who all have strong conviction in a set of deeply held values and a clear sense of purpose to overcome insurmountable obstacles, thus creating a better future for their community or organisation.
Check out the following three winners…
Mohammad Rizan Hassan
Corporate Employee Winner
Business Owner/Founder Winner
Social Enterprise Owner/Founder Winner
So you get the gist right?
This is the reason why Tan Sri Dr. Zeti Akhtar Aziz, Chairman of Iclif, is prepared to chair the first ever Advisory Council for the awards – to push up the leadership agenda and take the awards to greater heights, by getting support from the newly-formed ILEA Advisory Council made up of some of Asia’s most prominent captains of industry.
These highly distinguished individuals will play a critical role in nurturing recipients, called Leadership Energy Champions, while providing a balanced perspective and insights in identifying, evaluating and awarding outstanding individuals. The ILEA Advisory Panel comprises:
- Led by Tan Sri Dr. Zeti Akhtar Aziz, Chairman of Iclif
- Raja Tan Sri Dato Seri Arshad Raja Tun Uda, Chairman of Maxis Bhd and Director of Khazanah Nasional Berhad
- Tan Sri Dr Jemilah Mahmood, Under Secretary General, Partnerships International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Tan Sri Dato’ Sri Zamzamzairani Mohd Isa, Chairman of UEM Sunrise Bhd
- Dato’ CM Vignaesvaran Jeyandran, Chief Executive, HRDF
- Callister Koh, Head of Human Resources, HSBC Malaysia Berhad
- Chin Suit Fang, Senior Executive Director, PwC Malaysia
- Christopher Tock, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Empowering Youth Endeavours Projects
- Eddie Ahmed, Chairman, CEO & President MassMutual International
- Malek Ali, Founder & CEO of BFM Media and BFM Business School
- Mohd Adhari Belal Din, Assistant Governor, Bank Negara Malaysia
- Nora Abd Manaf, Group Chief Human Capital Officer, Maybank Group
- Theresa Goh, Managing Director, 360 Dynamics Pte Ltd
- Yvonne Corpuz, Global Chief Learning Officer, MUFG
Have a look at the full list as well as the profiles in more details here: ILEA Advisory Council 2017
I am humbled to play a part in this role, a full circle since I got Iclif’s support to run EYE Project’s Student Leadership Symposium which saw young leaders playing an active role in leadership currently, the likes of Akram Yusof of AYLP and Ganesh Muren of Saora Industries.
If you know anyone deserving of this award, do nominate them through www.iclif.org/ilea before 31 July 2017.