As with all other New Year’s eve, I’ll be heading down to Fuad‘s place for a new year’s bash, a repeat from last year’s but nevertheless something I always look forward to for fun and excitement among closest of friends.
Why not watch the fireworks at Thames River, or go to New Year’s Eve clubbing events, I hear you ask. Well, let’s just say I’ve been there, done that and maybe this time would be the last time I celebrated New Year’s in the United Kingdom, hence I’d prefer a more personal yet wild approach to it. Personal because my closest friends left would be there, and wild because ANY party at Fuad’s is W–I–L–D!
Anyway I was reading June’s blog at I thought wow, she summarized her achievements in every month of the year 2007, and that was quite amazing. I don’t think I could, seeing that this year was my final year in Imperial College and so been studying my ass off. So it would have looked like this: (1) January – I studied hard (2) February – U studied hardER (3) and so on and so forth lolol.
I suppose I’ll just list down my achievements la. Good to read back anyway and see what I’d do in the future. I have to say though, this year’s was many a ‘first time’s 🙂
1. Successfuly pulled off the last Careers Fair (2007) in which I was part of the organising committee, raking in a total of 37 companies, a huge improvement from the previous year. It’s awesome to see your events getting better and better each year!
3. Went to Ibiza, Spain with two beautiful ladies and had beach, sunsets, beach, wait did I already mentioned sunset too?
5. Attended my first ever International Football live at the Emirates Stadium, Brazil vs Portugal (yes with both the famed Ronaldo’s and others!)
6. Pulled off the Projek Amanat Negara IV (April) for the first time since 10 years which led to the Malaysian Student Leaders Summit 2007 (August), a very big breakthrough to nation building among the younger generations. I am very proud of this one! (Recently also spearheaded the First ASEAN Roundtable Discussion)
8. Managed to pull off a crazy Valentine’s Day drama! (It’s an achievement that’s not so dodgy la but to protect identities I will not elaborate :P)
9. Travelled the whole of the United Kingdom with my family, starting from London -> Cambridge -> Edinburgh (passing through York) -> St. Andrews Golf & Country Club -> Dundee -> Glasgow (passing by Sterling) -> Lake District -> Birmingham -> Bath (Stonehenge) -> Windsor Castle -> London again.
10. Most importantly, I am now an honourable graduate from Imperial College London, a receiver of a BSc. Joint Mathematics & Computer Science degree. I was glad I took up the challenge ages ago, knowing that I couldn’t go to the United Kingdom due to financial problems I still applied to the best of Universities, received straight A’s for A-Levels and God pretty much took care of the rest. Also, I finally met someone I can trust my life with in the most dramatic way ever, someone who will never cease to make me wonder how lucky I am in this life. As they always say, the blessed are in a better circumstance to bless the more unfortunate, and that will be my aim throughout my life whether you like it nor not.
I suppose I’ll be re-editing this as I go through my life this year later when I have more time to think, cause it’s been honestly a jumble of a life! I guess I can say my 23rd year have been a very fruitful year, meeting all kinds of cool friend both online and offline who brought me to do many kinds of things. Thank you all, thank you all so much for the wonderful year. Happy New Year to you, all you readers out there who bothers to check up on me!
May 2007 leave in peace as we sing Auld Lang Syne, and welcome the year of 2008 as it dawns upon us full of renewed hopes and opportunities!