I really can’t wait for this! Where else can you find celebrity DJs Patricia K and Joey G & JinnyBoyTV, The Ming Thing, Dan Khoo & GrimFilm our Youtuber Stars together in a SINGLE event?!
[flickr id=”8474248057″ thumbnail=”medium_640″ overlay=”true” size=”medium_640″ group=”” align=”none”]
Yeap, INTI International College Subang (IICS) is finally at the last stage of reconstruction and upgrading works following an RM40 million investment to redevelop the campus. That’s a lot of money invested for all future students at INTI, all 7,000 students from Malaysia and across the globe as per their capacity. It’s all going to the new three-storey building housing a 350-seat auditorium that will serve as an impressive venue for presentations by local and international speakers as well as ample learning spaces. It will also house INTI’s new School of Art & Design complete with a design gallery, studios, Macintosh and Autocad labs, materials library and design centre.
“Our commitment is to provide an environment which focuses on student-centred learning to adapt pedagogical approaches to students’ learning styles. We harness the latest technology available to deliver effective learning outcomes and that includes the ample resources that will come with the new facilities,” said Dr Dominic Szambowski, President of IICS.
To launch this new development, there will be the INTI Edge Festival from February 20 to 22, 2013 featuring insightful workshops, competitions, celebrity appearances and international cuisines for guests to feast on. These insightful workshops and activities stay true to INTI’s efforts in instilling internationalisation, innovation and individualisation into our programs and curriculum.
Check out the map above where the new campus plaza will provide abundant space for outdoor meetings and open-air events as well as social and recreational activities to augment well-rounded personal development. Food and beverage outlets serving a variety of local and international fare will be accessible to INTI’s students, staff and visitors. Ample parking bays come with a sub-basement parking lot for 150 vehicles.
Internationalism is an important pillar that holds up institutions of the Laureate International Universities network and the opportunity for members such as INTI to gain access to knowledge, thought processes, best practices, academic talent and resources across the distances makes this ‘Laureate advantage’ a unique one. Through Laureate’s support, INTI is able to provide its students with front-row seats to cutting edge global events such as the World Business Forum and Clinton Global Initiative, where they can learn from top global leaders discussing issues affecting the world today. They also have access to international faculty, overseas guest lecturers and study tours to INTI’s partner universities in other countries. This provides students access to an international learning experience beyond Malaysia as part of their studies and as part of their world class education at local prices.
[flickr id=”8474247741″ thumbnail=”medium_640″ overlay=”true” size=”medium_640″ group=”” align=”none”]
Oh by joining the event (I’ll be there, too!) you’ll also stand a chance to win shopping vouchers, so more benefits for all of us 😉
Students of INTI benefit not only from its over 25 years of experience and strong track-record, but also gain from the global synergy and resources that Laureate International Universities provides. INTI is part of Laureate, the world’s largest private education network with a presence in 29 countries, with more than 60 accredited universities and 130 campuses, serving more than 740,000 students globally.
For more information call 03-56232800 or visit www.newinti.edu.my.
Ps read through the following for other interesting details about the new campus.
- The gallery area serves as a multifunctional space for events, enrollment, and to be used to display students’ projects.
- It will also serve as an exhibition space.
- Used for Art & Design reference material – i.e. samples of fabric, tiles, wallpaper etc.
Digital Video studio
- Utilized by students and staff
- For Mass Communication students and other related subjects
- Capacity: 15
- Lab divided into sections – Static & Dynamic and Fluid Mechanic lab
- Utilized by SCE, CAE and AUP students
- Total of 8 design studios
- For Art & Design students
- Utilized as a class room or project discussion room
Mac Lab / CAD Lab
- To be utilized by IT / Art & Design students
- Total of 2 Mac Labs and 2 computer Labs
- Total of 40 Macs to be provided
- Capacity: 25 per labDance & Table Tennis Room
- Student activity area for sports and recreational activitiesSport Courts
- Student activity area for sports and recreational activities
- To be utilized as a futsal or dodgeball court
- Capacity : 350 people
- Built in seats: 274 seats
- Each seat comes with its own power outlet and table
- Stage lighting and sound system is an American based integrated system that is controlled by an iPad
- Utilized for talks, events, student activities etc
- For Art & Design students
- Canvas drawing class
- To be equipped with drawing easel and necessary art equipmentDrafting Studio
For engineering students – architecture drafting rooom
Classes will be held in this room as well
1 CommentLeave a comment
[…] I was at the INTI Edge Festival last week after blogging about it beforehand, and true to what I shared my expectations were not only met but exceeded […]