As Christmas dawns, and thus the coming of the new year of 2008, one inexplicably can’t help but feel daunted against the all familiar task of succeeding the previous year with an even greater ambitious one in the next.
I feel the moment now. On a Monday of Christmas eve. 24th of December 2007. Waiting around now seems foolish when the world is moving in a much faster pace than it once was. Somehow or rather, something must take place and resume its course.
I am now currently still waiting for that moment to come. If it does not, I’ll go to it.
I am not a survivor just by name.
Merry Christmas everyone, and for those who will get pissed drunk for the next 5 days after, a happy new year to you too!
On a side note, tomorrow I will be making:
1. Bread & Butter Pudding – An original English specialty
– Replacing sultanas with half-sliced white grapes
– Replacing cinnamon powder with icing sugar
2. Turkey with Onion and Sage Stuffing
– Replacing whole turkey (costing 75 pounds and above!!) with turkey thighs (huge nonetheless)
– Since stuffing is meant to be inside, but we’re using thighs only, it’s going to be on the outside
3. Christmassy Vegetable Fondue
– Mix of baby carrots, green beans, peas, red and white onions and cucumber
– Mayo-lime, turkey-roast gravy and sour cream w/ chives
4. Eggnog with Baked White and Red Potatoe (Sweet Potato) Pie